Sponsor links

freeflys


BabyToBee.com - Free baby stuff

Diabetes Guide
MySavings: Free Samples, Free Stuff, Freebies and Coupons

U Follow, I Follow!

Grab my button!

The $200 mission....
One mom. One Mission. One dinner plate at a time.

Entertainment Book 2009

The $200 Mission has relocated to savvysuzieblog.blogspot.com - be sure to update your subscriptions and links!

7.02.2008

Unexpected dinner guests and kielbasa

I've been spending this last week recovering from a long weekend down in Pennsylvania - got to see a lot of family but I need a vacation from that vacation!

I haven't posted anything about my shopping because I am 2 weeks into having nothing on the "need" list other than the basic milk, bread and eggs. I grabbed a couple of 1 pound containers of strawberries last week (they were on sale for $2 each) and 12-packs of canned soda for DH to bring to work (5 for $10, 60% off!) but other than that my pantry is quite well stocked. I may have some extra $$ to spend this week so I'll look at the sales on Friday and see if there's anything worth stocking up on.

My sister in law dropped by unexpectedly this evening with my 20 month old niece, which meant I needed to feed twice the usual mouths. I don't mind, my 16 month old son loves his cousin and they are just a riot to watch when they're together. We mommies also got some much-needed girl time. I pondered what to do and came up with the below recipe - I had picked up a couple of kielbasa when they were BOGO and pasta is always a good fallback to feed a crowd. I ended up with enough for 2 leftover servings, so DH and I will have lunch for work tomorrow covered.

Kielbasa and Pasta supper
1 kielbasa, cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds
1 box pasta of choice (I used rotini, easy for the kiddos to get on their forks)
1/2 bag frozen peas
2 tbsp butter or margarine
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp fresh ground pepper (optional)

Bring water to boil in a large pot. In a small fry pan, heat the kielbasa on medium-low heat. When water is boiling, add pasta and peas. Return to a boil, cook for appx 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Drain, put into a large serving bowl. Add warmed kielbasa. Add margarine, pepper and garlic powder, toss until well mixed.


TOTAL COST:
Kielbasa - $1.50
Pasta - $1.00
Peas - $0.50
Butter - $0.10

GRAND TOTAL: $3.1o


Add to Technorati Favorites
Blog Search Engine

No comments: