Sponsor links

freeflys


BabyToBee.com - Free baby stuff

Diabetes Guide
MySavings: Free Samples, Free Stuff, Freebies and Coupons

U Follow, I Follow!

Grab my button!

The $200 mission....
One mom. One Mission. One dinner plate at a time.

Entertainment Book 2009

The $200 Mission has relocated to savvysuzieblog.blogspot.com - be sure to update your subscriptions and links!

6.14.2008

Chinese Beef with Broccoli

Still had a couple of those london broil steaks in the freezer...I did the crock pot thing, I broiled it in the oven....but I wanted to expand my horizons a bit. It's an inexpensive cut of meat that I am sure will grace my freezer many times in the coming months, so I don't want to be stuck doing the same dance with it every time. This recipe was from Cooks.com, and it provided a tasty alternative to the other dishes I tried. I also had almost 3 full servings of leftovers. You can stretch this dish a little further by adding more veggies too.

Two things: First, it is best to slice the meat while it is still partially frozen - you can cut it thinner and it holds together better. Second, I added a soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and ginger marinade - it really added to the taste and the meat stayed pretty tender in spite of the long cooking.



CHINESE BEEF WITH BROCCOLI

2 c. steak or London Broil (sliced thin)

1 lg. can mushrooms, pieces & stems (one 15 oz can, drained)

2 pkgs. frozen chopped broccoli (one 20 oz bag frozen broccoli)

Soy sauce (appx 1 cup for marinade, to taste in the pan)

2 pkgs. brown gravy mix



(Marinade steak pieces at least 3 hrs up to overnight in the following: 1 cup soy sauce, 1-1/2 tbsp ground ginger, 2 tbsp garlic powder, 2 tbsp onion powder, about 3/4 cup water or until the meat is mostly covered.)


In a large frying pan quick fry meat, adding soy sauce to taste. You may add garlic powder if desired. Add broccoli and mushrooms, stir constantly. If mixture is dry, add water. Continue cooking on a low flame until heated (about 15 minutes). Add both packages of brown gravy mix. Stir until thickened. Serve over noodles or rice.



TOTAL COST:

London Broil: $2.70
Can mushroom pieces: $0.60
Frozen Broccoli: $1.00
Gravy: $0.40
Rice: $0.50

GRAND TOTAL: $5.20


Add to Technorati Favorites
Blog Search Engine

No comments: